Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AS3 1120: error on one machine but not another

New Here ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me with this issue. I'm getting a 1120 error message on one machine, but when I take the project over to another machine everything works fine. I'm running Flash CS6 and using a Sizmek template.

I've reinstalled Flash and the necessary extensions multiple times, but still no luck. I'm at my wit's end as to what could be causing this issue and I need to sort it out ASAP. The error messages I get are as follows:

Scene 1, Layer 'actions', Frame 2, Line 29

1120: Access of undefined property EBPanel.

Scene 1, Layer 'actions', Frame 2, Line 341120: Access of undefined property EBBase.
Scene 1, Layer 'actions', Frame 1, Line 11120: Access of undefined property EBBase.

The action script is a standard template provided by Sizmek for use in advertising campaigns. The lines providing the error are as follows:

Line 29: EBPanel.CollapsePanel("expandedPanel1", "User", true);

Line 34: EBBase.Clickthrough("Click_Expand1_Default");

Line 1: EBBase.Init(this);

As I've said, the exact same project runs and exports absolutely fine on another machine, so the bug must be in my installation somewhere. Help!

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

sorry, resetting preferences and reinstalling wouldn't help with your problem (which you already know).

those classes have to be available or you can't compile a swf.  the working computer has access to that class some how/some way.  find out how and where that class is located on the working one and you're on your way to solving the problem on the problematic computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

compare the library paths for swcs and anes, and the source paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The library and source paths are practically identical on both machines as I've packaged the project to test it on the other. I added the following lines to the Source Path in Preferences > ActionScript > ActionScript 3.0:

$(LocalData)/Classes/Eyeblaster ActionScript 3.0

$(AppConfig)/ActionScript 3.0/Classes

...based on the recommendation on the Sizmek support website (Install the Sizmek Workshop – Sizmek)

Now I'm getting the following warning message:

Scene 1, Layer 'actions', Frame 2, Line 35Warning: 3590: int used where a Boolean value was expected.  The expression will be type coerced to Boolean.

I've tested my ad and it still isn't functional though. Really confused!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the fla's are the same, the listed paths will be the same in the publish settings.  then you need to check that file ane's, swcs and classes are in the correct locations by making sure the referenced files are on the problematic computer and then change the paths to the ones on the problematic computer.

and check frame2, line 35.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to forgive me as I am entirely new to Flash. This ad was originally built, entirely, on the problematic computer. When it came to testing and it giving us errors, we packaged the project folder and tested it on another machine where it worked perfectly -- didn't change a thing.

Adding the above code in Preferences>ActionScript>ActionScript 3.0 got rid of the first 3 errors, but now I have this new one (frame 2, line 35: _videoScreenInst.pause(1); ). When I go to test my ad no video plays   ... but it's an improvement to what was happening before (the ad kept looping and the video player buttons went crazy).

I'm not sure how to check ane's, swcs and classes - sorry for being a noob - but since everything was built on the problematic machine and then moved to a new machine where everything was fine, I'm going to take a guess and say the ane's, swcs and classes are in the correct locations (??).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i didn't understand the situation specified in your first 3 sentences of message 4.

i was solving a problem where there no problems on the computer where the project was built, but there were problems on a computer where the files were moved.  so ignore everything about paths etc. that wouldn't cause the problem you listed.

are both computers are using the same flash pro version and publishing for the same flash player version?

if yes and yes, what's EBPanel and where is it defined?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, I should have been more specific.

Thanks for all the help kglad, I reset preferences, then uninstalled and reinstalled Flash as you had suggested before. I even went so far as to uninstall the entire Creative Suite from my computer (CC Cleaner) - then I just installed Flash by itself, and it's still giving me grief. You should know I'm running CS6 as I need access to AS2 now and again.

As far as I can discern, the EBBase is the Flash Ad itself (I think?), and the EBPanel refers to a function that allows the Flash ad to collapse/expand from a billboard to a banner ad.

After completely cleaning my computer of Adobe software and reinstalling just Flash CS6 - I'm about to give up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, resetting preferences and reinstalling wouldn't help with your problem (which you already know).

those classes have to be available or you can't compile a swf.  the working computer has access to that class some how/some way.  find out how and where that class is located on the working one and you're on your way to solving the problem on the problematic computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all you help kglad! I managed to get it to work by adding the lines above in Preferences, and then it was simply a case of an asset not being linked to the project - an oversight on my behalf as I'd just assumed the project was all set and ready to go.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines