• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem running help application (scripts/ActiveX)

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2007 Dec 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I run my help application, developped with the new version of RoboHelp 7 using WebHelp layout, I have the Ms-Internet Explorer message: 'To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX controls that could access your computer. Click here for options...'
If I click on 'Allow blocked content...', that message disappear, which is fine, but when I run it again, that message still reappear. I already modified the options (Tools/Internet options) within MS-Internet Explorer in order to allow running scripts and ActiveX, but it didn't fix the problem.
Thank you for your help.
Bob.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you are running the webhelp locally without having ticked the Mark of the Web option. You don't need that option if you are publishing to a server.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, Thank you for your answer. I selected 'Mark of the Web' when I generate my project and in fact, as you mentionned, the message don't appear. Unfortunately with the 'Mark of the Web' selected, the PDF files which I was able to display on the screen, when I click and its link within the help application, don't display anymore...which is a problem. I'm not that experienced with RoboHelp.
Bob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure but I believe the two are mutually exclusive. The mark of the web is designed to allow webhelp, intended to be run from a server, to run locally. If run locally without that option, there is a security risk.

Where is the help going to be located for the users?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

You may also wish to view the following link. Click here

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,
Your answer fixed the problem. I followed the steps defined in your solution and everything is ok now. I don't even have to check the option 'Mark of the web', and my PDF files are now displayed on the screen.

Thank you Rick and Peter for your help.
Bob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now, I'm developping my help application directly on my personal computer where reside all files (including PDF files). In a near future, we will copy the help application onto a server where the users will access the application from our intranet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem will not arise for your users. You will have to live with it unless you can access another server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
... or follow Rick's tip that I overlooked! Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp