• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double-loading pages in Firefox

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2007 Sep 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping someone else has seen this and has a quick answer. When I publish my project (RH6) and open it in Firefox 2, clicking on links frequently flashes the page loaded by the link, but then reloads the page from which the link was originally clicked. Clicking on the link a second time then seems to work and loads the linked page.

Any thoughts?

Patrick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2007 Dec 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I am having a similar problem. In Firefox, my project won't stop loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I've found all of those already. I wouldn't call this the answer by any means.

The only "solution" I've seen posted yet, is to not use linked books (i.e. books which are linked to pages themselves). This is not a viable solution for me, as my project has hundreds of those. And obviously it should work with those, otherwise RoboHelp wouldn't let you link books to pages. The product doesn't do what it is supposed to when the end user uses Firefox. That is a bug which has not yet been resolved.

I would have thought that this is either a problem with Firefox mis-interpreting the javascript used by RoboHelp or that there is a genuine problem with the scripting provided by RoboHelp. Either way, it appears to be a 2+ year old problem with hasn't been addressed by the makers of RoboHelp (which has obviously changed numerous times over the years).

The problem is NOT addressed in RoboHelp 6 (issued by Adobe). I've already posted in another forum to find out if it's been addressed in RoboHelp 7, but I'm not getting my hopes up as I've not had any responses.

I find it hard to believe that, with all of the other script fixes that have been posted for other problems, this one hasn't yet been figured out by anyone. It must be tricky.

My only other note is the symptom only occurs when the containg book is un-expanded. That is, if the book containing the page to which you've linked is expanded, even if it's multiple levels deep and all other books above it are collapsed, the problem doesn't occur. It only occurs if the book directly above the page you're trying to load (containing that page) is collapsed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry, if the last posting was a little harsh, this problem has just irked me.

Thanks, tripwire45, for hunting and posting those links though, I really do appreciate your time and effort.

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp