• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Win 7 ADE 4.0 won't recognize Nook

New Here ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a laptop running Windows 7 and I installed Adobe Digital Editions 4.0 this week.  I went to a site that had a book for me to download. I authorized my computer and successfully downloaded the book. I was able to read the book on my computer.  Adobe has instructions for reading an ebook on a Nook. I followed those but they do not work.

1. Rebooted computer

2. Plugged Nook into a USB port on the computer

3. Computer offered me some options for what to do with the device, but i closed that dialog box because none of them were what I wanted to do. 

4. In Windows Explorer, I can see "My Nook."

5. I started Adobe Digital Editions. According to Adobe, I should see the Nook on the left side of the page above the options for library.

6. It does not show up. 

7. I tried the reverse order. Start ADE 4.0 first, then plug the Nook into the computer. This made no difference. 

8. The Nook said I had to authorize it using Adobe Digital Editions.  I can't find a way to authorize it. 

I believe that ADE needs to be on my computer, but that there's no way to download ADE to my Nook.

9.  I was able to view my library on my computer in Explorer mode and per the instructions from Adobe, I dragged the book I had downloaded from the library on to the Nook (but not to any specific location on the Nook).  I cannot find the book.

How do I authorize the Nook?

If the book is on the Nook (not trying to rhyme) already, why can't I find it?

I'm ready to throw the Nook in the trash, erase ADE, and never try to read an ebook this way again.

Why can't I perform the simple task of authorizing the Nook and transferring a file to it where it can be read?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?