• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony Reader for PC program says This item has already been downloaded by another user

May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony Reader for PC program gives error This item has already been downloaded by another user.  I hate DRM, its not allowing me to download 3 of the Ebooks I purchased a few years ago.  I talked to Kobo (the ebook vendor) and they told me to talk to Adobe and get them to de-authorize the ebooks.  I talk to Adobe and give them the info they need and than they said, you'll have talk to the ebook vendor, which I already told them was Kobo and Kobo sent me to Adobe.

Who has the power to reset the ebooks so they open???  I feel like throwing my e-reader in the garbage and getting real books.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error comes when you previously downloaded the book with some authorization credentials in ADE.

Now again if you try to download the book from same download link but current ADE authorization is different, you will receive this error.

Solution:

1. Make sure ADE is authorized with same credentials, as it was authorized when book was downloaded for the first time.

Then this error will not come.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kobo (the ebook vender) sent me back here.  Kobo has determined that Adobe (them-self) needs to de-authorize all the devices on my account.

When I originally authorized the books, I was on a older computer.  The older computer was recycled and a newer computer was bought.

Therefore I can't access the older computer to de-authorize it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines