• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Launching a Frameset

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2007 Dec 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to launch a frameset from a customized button?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mooresville

Interesting. I guess your post is similar to the GNU recursive acronym.

You asked a question that was flagged as the answer. Are you trying to make the forums implode into a black hole? Don't do that! You'll make a little man wander around with a flashlight looking for a circuit breaker!

Just in case the question wasn't really answered and you mistakenly flagged it as the answer, I think we need more information here. What are you using? RoboHelp for Word or RoboHelp HTML? Where do you want this custom button to be seen? In a topic? In the TOC? In the toolbar?

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obvious I did something wrong. If I new how to delete the Answer I would. Provide instructions and I will.

I am using RoboHelp HTML. I am modifying a skin and I want the custom button to display in the toolbar?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Nah, no need to try and correct anything. I was just having some fun with it. You should visit my RoboWizard site and download my "Skinny on Skins" file. Don't worry, it's a free download and I'm not trying to sell you anything yet.

Inside that file you should find information on how to add that button.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. As a matter-of-fact, I have been to your site. Very interesting.....

I have added the button to the toolbar and set the action to link to http://lrs.intranet/robo/projects/lrssops/SOP_Index_Page_Components/SOP_Index_Frameset.htm

The problem is, when I publish the project and click the button, the frameset does not display. It looks like it is trying to load, but it flashing between back and forth between the path and error in path.

It I can in deed launch a frameset using a custom button, I need to revisit my urls.

By the way, are you using Version 7? We are currently using X.5.0.2 and are trying to convince mgmt that we need to upgrad.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I'm a simpleton at heart. So I always begin with the baby steps. Are you able to construct a normal plain jane hyperlink that successfully opens the Frameset?

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes. I have a link in the project TOC that launches the Frameset.

I am trying to launch the frameset from another project. In our current environment we have approximately 30 projects that we cross link. Nightware. I am working to unweave the web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp