Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder will not debug app with .ane on Android Device

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ,

I'm having a big issue with the overall stability of Flash Builder 4.7 on my Mac (OS X 10.7.5)

I developped an extension on FB 4.6 for iOS and Android and it was  working good. In the meantime I updated to 4.7, and since then I keep on running in to lots of problems when debuggin or compiling.

Now my extension needs to be extended, and suddenly the complete project stopped, because debugger refuses working on android devices.

The error I get is:

An internal error occurred during: "Launching MyAppWithExtension".

java
.lang.NullPointerException
at com
.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.retainExtensionIds(AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.java:309)
at com
.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.ANEController.modifyAppXMLforPackaging(ANEController.java:360)
at com
.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.ANEController.modifyAppXMLforPackaging(ANEController.java:326)
at com
.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AbstractANEPackageHandler.modifyAppXMLforPackaging(AbstractANEPackageHandler.java:86)
at com
.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.launchhandlers.AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler.handleANEPackagingDetails(AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler.java:195)
at com
.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.launchhandlers.AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler.applyPackagingDetails(AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler.java:168)
at com
.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.android.launching.ADBLaunchHandler.initialisePackager(ADBLaunchHandler.java:533)
at com
.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.android.launching.ADBLaunchHandler.doPackage(ADBLaunchHandler.java:409)
at com
.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.android.launching.ADBLaunchHandler.launch(ADBLaunchHandler.java:350)
at com
.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.launch(MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.java:184)
at com
.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.java:244)
at com
.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.java:134)
at org
.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:854)
at org
.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:703)
at org
.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:928)
at org
.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1132)
at org
.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Session Data:

eclipse
.buildId=M20110909-1335
java
.version=1.6.0_51
java
.vendor=Apple Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -keyring /Users/myusername/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -keyring /Users/myusername/.eclipse_keyring -consoleLog -showlocation

This is a continuation of log file /Users/myusername/PathToMy/Workspaces/MyAppWithExtension/.metadata/.bak_0.log
Created Time: 2013-07-24 11:43:14.053

What I tried so far:

- Creating new workspace

- Running Flash Builder with -clean parameter at startup

- Reinistalling Flash Builder using Adobe Clean Tool

- Stripping all metadata from the project (keeping only the source files) and make a complete new project setup.

All to no avail.

There's a good chance, I have a problem in my .ane code, but how am I supposed to find out, if debugger isn't working?

BTW, I can make an release build of the project, but it hangs after the splash screen. I don't know, if it's a build or coding error, though.

Ironically, I convinced my my employer to update FB to 4.7 due to the advanced iOS debugging features, but now I already spent about 10 times more working hours in finding workarounds to debugging / compiling issues than these features will ever be able to save me.

Maybe anybody here has an idea on how to solve this issue ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same issue. I cannot use debug on device with any native code. My problem extends to both Android and iOS platforms. I'm also using FB 4.7. I've been through every step you listed plus I've also tried a dozen other things. Removing the native extension allows the app to run on device through debug. Also, there isn't a problem with the native extensions because we've published it in working games with no issues. The problem only exists in debugging on device. Were you able to find a solution? It's looking like this is a FB bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case I had a setup using more than one executable applications im my project. After removing/deactivating all but one, I was able to debug again.

Maybe that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that doesn't help. I had already tried reducing the workspace down to one project and the project down to one application file. I still get the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever found a solution ?

By the way I am having the exact same issue but with FB6

Maybe it has to do with air sdk version , no idea. What's the status with latest sdk ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We didn't solve it here yet. We have tried with AIR 3.7, 3.8, and 3.9. They all do the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this is an old post but i still needed a couple of hours to find a solution, so here we go:

- Most likely you have TWO executable build targets in your project (two mxml that you can launch). If so, go to the Project settings > Flex Applications and remove the one you don't need so you only have one.

- My case was a bit complex though - i was using an ANE and Coldfucion server. In this case change the Output folder in the Project Properties > Flex Server > Output folder to something like "temp" instead of "C:..." generated by Flex Builder. The Android device gets confused by a "C:" reference but still can understand a local "temp" folder

I hope i have saved your day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So what exactly do you have to change to? mine is C:\xampp\htdocs\appfolder .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines