• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem: Unable to install the latest version of Flash Player.

New Here ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to download and install the latest version of Flash Player.  The installer downloads fine but the installer won't download the Flash Player. I continue to get a "connection error" message from the installer.  I've checked my DSL connection and it is performing correctly. I'm using Windows XP (32 bit) with FireFox 38.0.1 and Flash Player 17.0.0.169.  I had similar problems while installing the 17.0.0.169 version but after 3 or 4 attempts it finally downloaded and installed successfully. My Flash Player configuration is set to "Allow Adobe to install Flash Player".  I've tried closing both FireFox and my Norton On Line Security software during the install but I still get the same error message. Is the latest version Flash Player still compatible with Windows XP?  Is there a problem with Adobe servers being down? Thanks in advance for any suggestions on this problem!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Try using the following Adobe link. Go down to the bottom where it says, "Still having problems?". Click on the link for your browser.

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Installing Flash Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the following Adobe link. Go down to the bottom where it says, "Still having problems?". Click on the link for your browser.

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2015 May 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Andy!  Download and install worked just fine first try using the Firefox link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines