• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating dynamic quizes

Contributor ,
Jul 12, 2007 Jul 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my users just asked this question and it does seem like a reasonable one. Is there any way of having a large bank of quiz questions and then having Connect select a certain number of them at random and present them?
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2007 Jul 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a great question. If this is possible, and easy to do, then Presenter gets a *big* leg up on a number of other course management systems. Ie - I am very interested in the answer to this too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 14, 2007 Jul 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is looking more and more like the answer is "no". So I will have to see about writing something that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 18, 2007 Jul 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My feeling is that Presenter lacks in this area BIG TIME. In our environement there are a whole lot of simple issues that need to be relooked at and reworked. I have worked with a whole lot of different e-learning software packages and my conclusion is that this package lacks big time in this area. I am however hanging in there as Presenter is still "new" (compared to our other software packages) i.e. lets hope that it improves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2007 Jul 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is no for sure.

The quiz questions are published in the order found in PPT, as one of the assumptions is the author of the content ad quiz is a SME or some sort of instructional Designer. In other words, its by design that the presentation content is delivered in exactly the order it was created.

I suggest you don't view Presenter Quiz Manager (or Captivate's Quiz Manager, for that matter) + Connect as a fully customizable, top od the time quiz tool. If you are in need of this, there are plenty of web based solutions out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 19, 2007 Jul 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I spoke to Adobe and they said this functionality will be available in the next release in 2008.

It will be ineresting to see if this actually happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2007 Jul 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I believe it will be.

Captivate 3, which just released, has this. I think its a safe bet that Presenter will as well, since these two products share a lot of the same code (i.e. quiz manager, audio controls, etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources