• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator app for mobile (Android and iOS)

Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you like an Android (iOS) Illustartor App?

I wish:

That there was an Android (and iOS) app of illustrator so I could work on Layouts for Websites on the go, like while I'm riding the train for 1 hour to go to work.

There is an app which I tried (Autodesk Sketch Pro) but it's no good enough it is focusing too much on freehand drawing and it's layer based. You can't move a shape itself, you have to move the whole layer.

What I need:

I need an app for my Android phone and tablet which enables me to make layouts of websites which after I will send to my designer and developer. The thing is, I need to send good layout sketches to my designer.  With that the whole process would be more efficient.

I'm not a good at freehand drawing thats why I would like to work with all the standard vector shapes, snap to grid, different kinds of splines and the possibility to add open fonts.

What Adobe (Illustrator) should do:

I think the way you should do this mobile app is:

1. Check Autodesk Sketch pro (what can you to better than them)

2. Make a great vector app

3. Include a function that is useful to a lot of people to get more potential customers. (include: a nice drawing function, the ability to make nice flowcharts and/or infographics)

4. Sell it to a fair price 8-12$

I hope I didn’t forget anything if I did please let me know in the comments below Thank you.

--------------

Twitter: RandomDomain.ch (randomdomainch) | Twitter  #Illustartor4mobile

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe mobile and tablet apps | Adobe Creative Cloud

This may be what you are looking for. Although, it has yet to come out. I'm also hoping that it is for android devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2015 Jan 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm too waiting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am still waiting. Anyone out there who got new info on this?

I am also wondering if it will be part of the creative cloud I already pay for on a monthly basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please god make an android Illustrator app. I am a graphic designer and I use Illustrator so often it's disgusting. I would love to have a mobile option! 

Tablet: Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2015 Aug 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's frustrating .. I have the same problem, why haven't they done this yet , only for the  iPad users, us android tablet users get  the stiff arm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

COME ON already Adobe!! We all pay for Creative Cloud, why so prejudice IOS, I have a macbook pro, but HATE apple tablets and phones compared to Android...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Adobe,

Why would you prefer developing Illustrator for iOS than Android when Apple are the ones who blocked Flash from the beginning and are still incapable of letting it run on their devices.

What loyalty are you playing on for mobile Illustrator to be iOS only?

It sure makes no sense to me 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines