• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search capability within PDF file

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2007 Dec 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there a way to search (search option within MS-Internet Explorer) information from within PDF files that are included within my Help Application ?
Thank you for your answers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH's search will not do that. You will need a third party tool such as ZoomSearch. See the topic on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter. I'll take a look at your document and I might ask you some questions.
Bob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob_177

I'd like to expound on the answer my fellow Adobe Community Expert Peter gave. Indeed it is correct that the basic functionality included with RoboHelp won't allow this type of searching. But there is another component you may acquire called the RoboHelp Server. It must be installed on your server and configured by your IT staff. But it allows you to place .PDF and .DOC files on the server and perform searches that will include the contents of these file types.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2007 Dec 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,
Your answer is interesting since we bought RoboHelp Server as well. This is our first help project using RoboHelp. RoboHelp Server is not yet installed, but will be pretty soon. Do you mean that if the user clicks on the 'Search' button within MS-Internet Explorer, the search will include the PDF files part of the Help application? Is there anything that I have to do in order to implement this functionnality? If you can tell me where could I find any pertinent instruction would be very appreciate.
Thank you very much.
Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2007 Dec 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Bob

I'm not sure how the Search in Internet Explorer would work. I suspect that type of search would fail. But if you clicked the Search tab or button in the RoboHelp output and typed the search term into the RoboHelp search field, it will be included there.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp