• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

broken TOC link

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a RoboHelp HTML project that was looking great. However, I must have accidentally deleted a graphic and a Heading 1 in the section topic. Although the Heading 1 name is still in the TOC, the link to the heading is broken.

Also I still have the graphic that was accidentally deleted, but I am unable to add it to the topic.

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Could you just re-add the bookmark in RH to the existing topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

For the image, perform the steps you would normally perform to add an image. In the ensuing dialog, click the File Browsing link (shown below) and navigate to the project folder and you should see the image there.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the linking to the TOC, just drag the topic from the topic list over to your TOC. Verify that link works and then just delete the TOC topic that doesn't link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion. I will try this but I am afraid. The topic is 50 FrameMaker pages in length and the broken TOC is to a bookmark. If the topics were smaller in scale, this may be a great way to fix my issue. But I am afraid of using this technique with a bookmark. But I will back up what I have and try it in a way so i can go back to the original version if it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you just re-add the bookmark in RH to the existing topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that if I could readd the bookmark, I may be all set. However, I don't know how to re-add a bookmark. Can you please provide a suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Betsy, you mentioned using FrameMaker? This would seem to suggest that you are either importing from FrameMaker or linking to a FrameMaker file. And if that's the case, you have to make the change over in the Frame universe. If that's the case, someone with Frame knowledge will have to advise on how that happens.

If you are staying in RoboHelp, position your cursor where you want the bookmark to be inserted, then click the Insert menu and you should see Bookmark as an option.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much for suggesting how I could fix the broken link in my TOC. Instead of dragging the topic from the Topic List, I dragged the bookmark to the heading from the Project Management pod. I regenerated and it worked!!  My TOC is working now. Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AWESOME!!! Whew, eh?!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as my missing graphic, I copied the missing graphic from a previous version of my project. Then I imported it by reference. I will see it things are OK after I regenerate. But I believe I am OK with my graphics issue.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, as a last resort you could always open the image, copy it and then paste it into the topic.  (If you aren't able to insert it.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While true, that it's possible to copy and paste, it's a horrible, Horrible, HORRIBLE way to work that I never recommend.

In life we are always making sacrifices. Want more money? Sacrifice time doing leisure things. Want more time? Sacrifice making money. The list goes on and on and on.

When you copy and paste an image, you totally sacrifice any ability to choose the image format. RoboHelp will make that choice for you. RoboHelp will also choose the name of the image. And that name will in no way reflect what the image is about. True, you will be able to rename it in RoboHelp, but I'd always prefer doing all that in my image capture and editing applications.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp