Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snagit 8.0 and Robohelp

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2007 Dec 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Snagit 8.0 allows the user to send a capture directly to a specified program. To add a program, it is necessary to add parameters > loctation of file. (e.g., from the Snagit Help File: "-min -a -ex "c:\temp\test.zip" "<CaptureFilename>" ). This command instersts captures into test.zip.

Using RoboHelp X5 I would like to add snagit captures to a specific project.

1. Is this possible with X5? If so, what is the Robohelp equivalent of "-min -a -ex?
2. If this is not possible with X5, is it possible with X7.

I verifed the Snait User Fourms and support doucmentation, but, I' am unable to find the answers. Hence, my post on the RoboHelp Use Forums.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there CRO1

I'm guessing the answer here is no. I've never heard of it being done or seen anything similar in action. Hmmm, but now that I think of it, within RoboHelp you are able to launch RoboScreen Capture and that is exactly the way it behaves. So maybe within RoboHelp you could configure it to launch SnagIt and sort of work backwards from what you want. Instead of launching SnagIt first or independently and having its output sent to RoboHelp, configure RoboHelp to launch SnagIt. Grab what you want and it may be added to your project.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Rick,

Thanks for your response, unfortunately the suggestion did not work. At least now I know how to add a new tool. I think the answer lies within the missing command switch.

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp