Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Node properties are not reverse replicating properly

Level 2

Hi All,

I have created a workflow launcher with reverse replication for user generated content(/content/usergenerated). Newly created node is reverse replicating properly but the properties in the nodes are not reverse replicating properly. I am using the out of box form components and am just updating the Action type of the form.

In Publish

Event : Created

Nodetype : sling:Folder

Path : /content/usergenerated(/.*)

Workflow: Reverse replication

Runmode : Publish

In Author

Event : Created

Nodetype : sling:Folder

Path : /content/usergenerated(/.*)

Workflow: Reverse replication

Runmode : Author

Anything missing here? Can Anyone please suggest me to proceed further?

Thanks,

Deepan.

4 Replies

Employee

Hello,

I think you are not saving the newly created nodes BEFORE you add the properties. Reverse replication won't work without the nodes being saved. So after the nodes are created in your code, add something like this code:

Node contentNode = pageNode.addNode("jcr:content", "nt:unstructured");

session.save()

After doing the save, then add the properties:

contentNode.addProperty("");

Hope that helps.

Level 3

Hi Deepan

Can you please go through the knowledge base[1] and verify if you have followed all the steps mentioned therein?

It's important to set cq:distribute property on your nodes that you would like to reverse replicate.

Please confirm and let me know.

regards

Varun mitra

[1] Use reverse replication

Level 2

Hi Jtalbot,

Nodes are saving properly in publish server and also reverse replicated properly to Author.  But the properties are not reverse replicated, All the properties are missing in the Author Instance.

Thanks,

Deepan.

Level 2

Hi Deepan,

Please check if the reverse replication logs if any thing is stuck. We can try clearing the queue and check.. Jst a thought..

Thanks,

Jaison