Verity Search Server Issues

LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2007 Nov 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else have this issue when trying to use cfsearch against a
collection? If so, was there a fix? We installed the search server when we
installed CF8 as a package install.

Message Unable to connect to the ColdFusion Search service.
Detail On Windows, you may need to start the ColdFusion Search Server from
the services control panel.
On Unix, you may need to run the search startup script in the ColdFusion bin
directory.

Error: java.io.IOException: unable to obtain from connection pool: cannot
make connection to server at: k2://localhost:9951

I restarted the search server about 10 times and even tried the uninstall
and install bat files. Nothing seems to work. Thanks

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 05, 2007 Dec 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope your problem has been resolved, otherwise, look for verity log files such as vconfig.log, warning.log, they are usually under your {cf8Installation}\verity directory or its subdirectory. I had a similar problem and went throught verity logs helped me to nail it down and fixed the Verity problem.

Also, feel free to check out some more conceptual search technique,
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=1&catid=7&threadid=1311309&high...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2007 Dec 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same problem. My CF8 has been up and running for about 2 months. Suddenly, Verity has quit working and nothing I do brings it back to life.

Thanks for your help.

:-}}}
Len

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Len,

Shut down your CF Search Service;
Re-install verity by running the verity-install.bat batch file;
Start CF Search Service;
Check the collections

The above process worked for me after verity search produced nothing (collection problem).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried just re-installing the CF8 Search server, but it still didn't work so I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it. After that I was able to create the new collections and finally, re-index the new collections. All seems well for now. I have four more systems to recreate the collections for and then re-index all of them.

This whole thing begs the questions:
1. How long is this installation going to survive?
2. Is this an indication of a very fragile product?
3. Are you and I the only ones having problems?
4. Are you and I the only ones using CF8 Verity?
5. Is Adobe aware of any problems with CF8 Verity?
6. Is there something wrong with my code that has worked successfully with CF4, CF5 & CF6 now that I'm using CF8?

I’m sure there are other questions that should be asked but I’m too tired and hungry to think about them right now.

Thanks again for your insight.

Len

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2007 Dec 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My verity collection is gone again! The only thing I did was, have applied Windows Updates, this thing can't go production...
Good question, what's other cf8 developer's experience with verity...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've lost count of the number of times the collections have crashed/been corrupted over the past 5 days. I've almost worn out the xxx.bat files uninstalling and reinstallting the CF8 Search service.

As we speak, I'm in the process of troubleshooting this issue with Adobe. I'll let you know if, and when, we resolve this thing.

Len

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did it go? Personally I don't have a need for it but I like its speed in case a client has such a need.

Thks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 13, 2007 Dec 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent off a boat load of data plus the code I use to create and index the collections, and some other pertinent info. I also told the guy about your failures as well. It turns out that the only client we have who is using our product on a cf8 system also had a failure. I think that this would indicated that it is more here than just my installation. I haven't heard back yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. Check the following out,
http://web.mytata.net:8000/TextSearch/search.cfm
when you have a chance, it could be a viable alternative.
And it's easily configurable.

Regards,

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don,

Thanks for the lead, but all of the data I'm using to build my collections from comes from databases so I need something that will allow me to build collections from SQL Server, Oracle, or MS Access.

I got an "I'm working on it" email from Adobe today.

Len

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hey Len,

The above demo app does use a target database, in this case, the db stored in a MS SQL Server 2005 server. It can be any database platform.

Don
P.S. Probably you can't pm me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation