• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Backwards (v10) compatibility for Translation company

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in RoboHTML v11 and producing WebHelp.

My translation company says they want it "in v10" because they have mapped things based on v10 and v11 does not work for them. They are using both my source files and my output files.

Is there anything I can do (short of repurchasing v10, which I don't think is even available) to somehow make this compatible for them? Any other issues you see?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2015 May 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam's article here might be useful: Downgrade a RoboHelp Project | WvanWeelden.eu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can downgrade, but a few things changed internally in RoboHelp (dropdown structure). Nothing complicated though. I'm surprised that the old mapping doesn't work since changes are so minor that they shouldn't impact a translation tool.

Why are they using your output? Translating the output is advisable since you will need to translate all the RH control files as well. If you generate from RoboHelp you have only a single set of content that you need to translate. (Or maybe I'm just being thick.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This is a fairly small, "vanilla" project with no dropdown hotspots, so I'm hoping this will do the trick for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp