• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error report saying: Couldn´t update this book, because it contains no openable nongenerated files

New Here ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to update a generated book I get an error report saying: Couldn´t update this book, because it contains no openable nongenerated files.

How do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to see that they aren’t read only – test by opening all the documents in the book first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff (and anyone else who might have an idea of what to do)!

I'm trying to help Monica with this question as well.

To begin with, this question concerns FrameMaker12.

You were correct that the files of the book were locked (View only).

Some more background:

The document files are originally created as MIF, from an external application. That application then makes an F_ApiSimpleSave call to FrameMaker (http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/framemaker/fdk/10/fdkprogrammerguide.pdf‌), thus producing the .fm files for the book.

In version 12 of FrameMaker the F_ApiSimpleSave call obviously results in "View only" files, which in our case is not good at all.

The call to produce fm files from MIF has been unchanged for many years and versions of FrameMaker.

Why does the F_ApiSimpleSave call to FrameMaker produce these read only (locked or View only) files, and more important: what can be done about it?

Thanks,

Andreas J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to spin this off as a question in the FM Scripting forum..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, thanks. I've repeated the question in the FrameMaker scripting forum: Breaking change in F_ApiSimpleSave saving documents in FrameMaker12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines