1 Reply Latest reply on May 25, 2015 12:29 PM by kglad

Is getting the monthly CC Version package of Photoshop and Lightroom pretty much the same as getting Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom 6?

jynxdelf

Before I download and start paying a monthly fee for the CC Photoshop/Lightroom, I want to make sure that it is the same tools and editing and the top of the line like Lightroom 6 and Photoshop CS6 are (were?). Or if I am better off shelling out $2000 for CS6 and Lightroom 6.

• 1. Re: Is getting the monthly CC Version package of Photoshop and Lightroom pretty much the same as getting Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom 6?
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

they are not the same.

a cc photographers plan includes not just ps cs6, but also the newer ps version already released (and newer versions that are yet to be released).  and while the lr 6 are lr cc are the same on your desktop, the cc version includes mobile apps and newer versions (as they are released in the future).

so for $10/mo for the photographers plan, you get 200 months ~8+years of the latest ps and lr versions for your $2000 (spread over years of payments which increases your roi and gives you flexibility to terminate in the future).  and even if you're planing on keeping your ps and lr for 10+years, you probably won't be able to use ps cs6 and lr 6 on whatever computer you're using in 10 years before the os won't be compatible with software that old.

it's kind of a no-brainer as far as i can see.