• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I UNINSTALL flash player updater?

May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I UNINSTALL flash player updater? I have tried everything I can find online. NOTHING WORKS. I want to REMOVE this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the thread to an appropriate forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot uninstall the updater, but you can disable it (Flash Player Settings Manager).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Windows:

Log in as an Administrator, then click on START, then Control Panel, (make sure View by says "Large Icons") click on Flash Player, pick the Updates tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to thank those of you that tried to help with this. Since NO ONE at adobe will help I want to thank you for nothing. This pos updating software is CONSTANTLY SCREWING UP MY GAME. Whenever it starts getting choppy I know that it is time to restart my computer so that your freaking software update can be shut off. This happens EVERY TIME. So thank you for NOTHING adobe. Your software update is garbage. The fact that you will not allow me to shut it off on MY COMPUTER shows that you are a company that is not to be trusted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You can disable updates in the Flash Player Settings Manager:

On Windows: Launch Control Panel > Flash Player > 'Updates' tab > select the 'Never check for Updates' radio button

On OS X : Launch System Preferences > Flash Player > 'Updates' tab > select the 'Never check for Updates' radio button

--

Maia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Maia but I have it checked already and it DOES NOT WORK. I have it checked to never check for updates and yet after some period of time it turns back on ALL BY ITSELF! Even though I have this checked to not update, it still turns itself on and I have to stop my game, turn off the computer, turn it back on and there is this pos software telling me there is an update available. After I SHUT IT OFF AGAIN, I can then restart the game and play until this happens again. Then I have to go through all of this ALL OVER AGAIN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

What OS version is this on?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines