Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error! Check Authorization

New Here ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've been having problems with the authorization of my Digital Editions. I set it up on a new computer and when I try to download a book from my public library, it gives me an Error! Check authorization message. I try to erase the authorization by crt+shift+D, but it won't let me.

Does anyone know of any solutions?

Thanks

A. A.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please try the below steps (read the note section before clearing the registry):

Mac:

1. Deauthorize ADE. To do so, navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to trash.
  2. Authorize ADE again.

Windows
:

1. Click Start > Run.
  2. Type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  3. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  4. Right-click the Adept key and click Delete.
  5. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog box, click OK. ADE is deauthorized now.
  6. Authorize ADE again.

Note:

Deleting the registry will deactivate all ADE authorization credentials on this computer. You will then be able to open eBooks on this computer only if you know your authorization credentials. Also you will not be able to open books that are fulfilled using anonymous accounts (authorized computers without an ID).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines