Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why the TOC and search result topics are not correct

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2007 Dec 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am working on a project using RoboHelp 6. This project needs chm files in multiple languages. All other language files, including Japanese and Simplified Chinese are fine, except the Tradional Chinese.

What I am doing is
1. copy the whole English project into a separate directory.
2. copy the translated htm files, hhc, and hhk files to that directory.
3. open RoboHelp 6 and generate the chm.

Above steps works for Japanese and Simplified Chinese but Traditional Chinese.

For Traditional Chinese, all above 3 steps work well, but when I open the Chm file, problems appeared. Traditional Chinese characters in the Contents tab and the search tab are unreable, all other tabs and explorer window are fine. However, all traditional Chinese characters are displayed correctlly in robohelp API.

Does anyone here know why those traditional Chinese characters go to totally unreable in CHM file.

By the way, I did generate chm files in all languages including traditional Chinese using Robohelp X5 before. It worked well at that time.

Thanks a lot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 13, 2007 Dec 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Your problem could be with the character sets used in the translations. I do not believe that 6 had Unicode support (it's new in 7, so I think that's a safe assumption).

Here is a wikipedia article about traditional Chinese characters:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditional_Chinese_character

As you can see here, Traditional Chinese used Big5 encoding for the characters. Because of this, on a computer that is setup for Traditional Chinese, you may get different results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp