• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp Search Doesn't Display Search Box on Chrome or IE With Chrome Frame

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2013 Oct 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have RH10 (recently upgraded from RH9) and WebHelp projects are having issues displaying the Search box within the Search tab on Chrome as well as IE with Chrome Frame installed. Instead of getting a search box, I get what almost looks like an index of numbers with associated hyperlinks. The search box appears and behaves fine on other browsers such as Firefox, Safari and IE without Chrome Frame. I assume this is JavaScript related since all of my tests point in this direction, but no idea how to get it to behave. Attached is a screen shot of how it appears...NoSearchBox.pngAny suggestions?!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recent Chrome changes have caused RH10 Webhelp some grief (see this thread - http://forums.adobe.com/message/5745776#5745776). Where is this help located – web server, LAN or local drive? I’ve seen this index of numbers thing before in other threads about Chrome, but I forget what the solution was. Check to see that you’ve got JavaScript turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The help is located locally. JavaScript is definitely turned on - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Navigation section of the layout options, change from Pure HTML to DHTML > Pure HTML.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always use DHTML > Pure HTML option in all of my projects in order to allow sync of TOC...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked in this one though?

Also look for 508 compliance.

The problem is somewhere in those settings.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are my settings - Section 508 Compliance is not enabled for this or any of my projects...

WebHelpSettings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2013 Oct 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this slipped off the radar.

I think we have seen issues with Chrome Frame before. Is it likely to be an issue with your users?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our users primarily use Chrome as well as IE with Chrome Frame (Chrome Frame is required to properly run one of our web applications that our Webhelp is launched from). Any other suggestions? A Help system without the ability to search is not especially helpful...Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other suggestions? Not really but Item 10 in http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh10/using_rh10.htm covered how to fix another IE Frame issue. Maybe that would help put your developers on the track for a fix.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - but we already implemented this fix as the TOC was not displaying in Chrome or IE with Chrome Frame either. While it resolves the TOC problem, it does not resolve the Search issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realise it is not the fix. My point was that by showing this fix to your developers, it might help them identify a change that would fix the current problem. The file involved might be the same one.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure out a solution to this? Thanks for any info you can give me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mary the ID – are you running RH10 or 11? Are you all patched up with the latest fixes for Chrome security issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm running RH10, and I have all the fixes applied. I am running the help in IE...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so are you having issues with the search displaying or the whole TOC not showing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just the Search...it looks just like the pic in the original post...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it working with any browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked on my Windows 8 machine in IE and Chrome, and my client (on Windows 7) has checked on IE...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the WebHelp local or on a webserver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the same issue being discussed over in the thread linked below?

Help file opening to Search rather than Contents in left pane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! But I saw this issue and was hoping that haddoncook had found an answer. Thank you both for your input! Still trying to figure this out...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the other thread, your help is on a local machine or LAN server (all of which browsers consider to be local) – have you tried adding the location as a Trusted Site inside IE11? That solved most of my issues with browser displays in IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So...I have been working with Adobe Tech Support all afternoon. The tech support person finally fixed the problem by creating a new single source layout. He did not check my old SSL settings, so I don't know what was set wrong. I did notice that the new SSL has DHTML selected(?) Anyway, I'm thrilled to have this problem solved, and thanks so much for helping me troubleshoot, everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear – but didn’t Rick & I both advise selecting the DHTML to HTML selection before? – could have sworn Rick explained that the browser does a sniffer action to see if DHTML can be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp