• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can anyone help with a question about message says, "Digital Editions couldn't connect to the activation server." ?

May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first time downloading a free version of Digital Editions, which requires computer authorization. registered ID and password, but going back to computer authorization to enter ID, get a message saying couldn't connect to activation server."  is this adobe's issue or what?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[discussion moved to the Adobe Digital Editions forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Did you find a way to resolve this problem?

Isabelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a thread Re: activation server error, look for Kenb's post, which says:

I had the same problem and with a helpful comment about IE I found this finally worked for me:

• uninstall ALL versions of Adobe digital editions (I tried v1.7, 2 and 3!)
  • use INTERNET EXPLORER to download ADE v 3. Download | Adobe Digital Editions Home (Previously I was using Chrome)
  • DISABLE windows firewall BEFORE installing ADE3.
  • Install ADE 3 and I found I could then authorize my computer using help>authorize computer in the ADE menu.
  • Re-download e-book (because previous downloads had expired), and I was able to open my ebook.

I uninstalled, then downloaded via IE, v3 (not the newest). forgot to disable firewall before installing. 

**after open up ADE, when the computer authorization window popped up, selected not to authorize, then "next" then "authorize".  dropped my downloaded ebook in ADE, it worked. 

the part starting ** was done following an IT guy (ebook's company's) instruction.

i don't know what went wrong, or which of the above solved it.

good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  I have been trying for 2 days and contacted Adobe Chat but this worked first try.  I followed your steps exactly, but did install ADE 4.0.  THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to authorize again.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines