• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking to .hlp topics from RoboHelp HTML 6

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2007 Dec 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a comprehensive help file for our CADD systems built in RoboHelp 6 for Word that has been compiled to WinHelp 2000 (.hlp) format. We now want to link to specific topic from a project being built in RoboHelp HTML 6. This is easy to do in RoboHelp 6 for Word but I cannot find out how to do this in the HTML version.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and please dumb down the responses, I will be appreciative not offended.

Thanks,

Kelly

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelly and welcome to our community

Whether you may do this will depend on whether you are creating WebHelp or a Compiled .CHM output. I don't believe it will work with WebHelp. If you are creating a compiled .CHM, first off make sure your primary layout is configured for Microsoft HTML Help. If it isn't, you won't see the option I'm about to point you to.

Once you cross that hurdle, click inside a topic and choose Insert > HTML Help Controls > WinHelp Topic...

Hopefully that helps some... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply! It worked exactly as you described, only problem is we are generating WebHelp.

So where to go from here...

Do I continue to search for a way to make this link?

or

Do I convert the RoboHelp for Word to a HTML project? (Would this solve the problem? Even if my output for this one is .chm?)

Any input appreciated,

Thanks
Kelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2007 Dec 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Anyone have anymore input that could help me?

Thanks,

Kelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp