• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Flash 17 due to Flash 14 orphen

New Here ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempting to install the latest Flash (Activex and plug-in) but this is failing on a large number of PCs on our network. I've tried WSUS and GPO.

The problem, I believe, is due to these machines thinking they have Flash 14 still installed. When running the installer manually they are looking for the instal_flash_player_14_plugin.msi etc. which isn't available on our network.

I can run Microsoft FixIT on individual machines to remove both instances, but this is impractical due to the size of the network.

Does anyone know how I can get a script to force removal of Flash 14 so that the latest version will install?

It appears to be an issue with 17.0.0.188 as earlier updates have worked.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an update, I found various suggestions on other forums to use MsiZap.

Having obtained this the following two lines in a .bat running via Group Policy appear to be working:

MsiZap.Exe tw {16E20D9D-E7E2-4951-A944-6FFC40870AD4}

MsiZap.Exe tw {15AE611F-5A40-4BD0-9291-1C6856BDB9A4}

The script folder in Group Policy needs MsiZap.exe and msicuu.exe (not sure) as well as the .bat containing the above commands.

Test machines have now successfully run the update so hopefully this will have cured our problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you run the uninstaller from your script: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines