Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem, with using HLS HTTP Streaming on AMS 5

New Here ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using AMS 5 and try to use http HLS streaming for mobile iOS devices.

When i try to open hls stream url http://host-namel/hls-live/livepkgr/_definst_/liveevent/livestream.m3u8  I have note like "livestream.m3u8 was not found on this server".

http://host-name/hds-live/livepkgr/_definst_/liveevent/livestream.f4m shows

<manifest xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/f4m/1.0">

<id>livepkgr/events/_definst_/liveevent</id>

<mimeType></mimeType>

<streamType>live</streamType>

<duration>0</duration>

</manifest>

When I starting streaming via FMLE in AMS live logs i see

Stream name is: liveevent and live event is: liveevent

f4f:liveevent - NetStream.Data.Start

f4f:liveevent - NetStream.Publish.Start

f4f:liveevent - NetStream.Play.Reset

f4f:liveevent - NetStream.Record.Start

f4f:liveevent - NetStream.Codec.Error

But there is no information about .m3u8

I am using default adobe configuration with appache included to AMS setup.

What can by the reason of not working HLS.

Also can't find information about hls in appache logs

Sorry for my english.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Okay, thats looks good.

m3u8 is a kind of playlist where the player get meta information to play different chunks in the correct order to display a livestream.

At the beginning you have to wait for some seconds (i think 30 by default) that the AMS can render these chunks.

M3u8 Url´s can only be displayed in specific players (such as JWPlayer) or on native browsers like Safari (osx / ios). I am not sure about playing m3u8 Url´s on Android devices.

But I you enter this URL into your safari on a mac or

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej Tomasz,

which tool do you use to stream to your AMS?

Could you please provide some informations about your settings regarding camera and microphone (codecs etc).

As you can see in your logs, there seems to be a problem with the codec.

I tried the default application with the Flash Media Live Encoder with a H.265 5.1 Profile and AAC Stereo audio - works like a charm.

You will never find the m3u8 files directly in your directories.

The apache module will generate some meta data such as .control .bootstrap .f4x files which will be provided over the m3u8 URL (automatically).

Best,
Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej Patrick

Thanks for you response. I  reinstalled Flash Media Server

I try to use two streamers Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder with H.264 settings for video

and Teradek VidiU HDMI H264 Live Streaming Encoder

AMS log shows :

onPublish : liveevent

Stream name is: liveevent and live event is: liveevent

f4f:liveevent - NetStream.Data.Start

f4f:liveevent - NetStream.Publish.Start

f4f:liveevent - NetStream.Play.Reset

f4f:liveevent - NetStream.Record.Start

I found that when  I open http://host-name/hls-live/livepkgr/_definst_/liveevent/liveevent.m3u8  then m3u8 file exist.

So it looks like the hls module works fine.

On m3u8 looks like:

#EXTM3U

#EXT-X-MEDIA-SEQUENCE:260

#EXT-X-ALLOW-CACHE:NO

#EXT-X-VERSION:2

#EXT-X-TARGETDURATION:8

#EXTINF:8,

../../../../hls-live/streams/livepkgr/events/_definst_/liveevent/liveeventNum260.ts

../../../../hls-live/streams/livepkgr/events/_definst_/liveevent/liveeventNum261.ts

../../../../hls-live/streams/livepkgr/events/_definst_/liveevent/liveeventNum262.ts

../../../../hls-live/streams/livepkgr/events/_definst_/liveevent/liveeventNum263.ts

../../../../hls-live/streams/livepkgr/events/_definst_/liveevent/liveeventNum264.ts

../../../../hls-live/streams/livepkgr/events/_definst_/liveevent/liveeventNum265.ts

But I still can't find solution how to open or test this stream video on non flash devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thats looks good.

m3u8 is a kind of playlist where the player get meta information to play different chunks in the correct order to display a livestream.

At the beginning you have to wait for some seconds (i think 30 by default) that the AMS can render these chunks.

M3u8 Url´s can only be displayed in specific players (such as JWPlayer) or on native browsers like Safari (osx / ios). I am not sure about playing m3u8 Url´s on Android devices.

But I you enter this URL into your safari on a mac or iphone / ipad, you will see the livestream.

Another issue could be the "fullscreen" mode, which is forced on iOs for some reasons. On the iPad you can play the stream inline as well with a additional Parameter (webkit-playsinline="1" -> Only works on ipad).

Hope thats helps a bit ... If you do not have any OSX / IOS device for testing, just start a stream and send me your url via private message. I can test for you if you like to

!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I test in on physical iOS device and stream works fine.

Big Thanks for your help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines