Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse movement always added

Dec 14, 2007 Dec 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have unchecked the box that says record mouse movement, and yet Captivate is always adding the mouse into my newly recorded slides, forcing me to delete them.

Is there any way to change this behavior?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RedScare

Are you talking about generically opening Captivate and recording an entirely new project? Or are you instead talking about adding additional slides to an existing project?

Either way, I would think Captivate should respect any settings in place and give you what you want. So it's possible you may be seeing a new issue that needs to be reported to the development team.

As a workaround, if it's giving you mouse movement and you really don't want it, you may easily turn the mouse off for a group of slides by selecting all the slides containing the mouse movement, then clicking Slide > Mouse > Show Mouse to turn it off for the selection. That would save having to change it individually on many slides.

How did this project begin life? Was it started in perhaps Captivate 1 or 2 and later converted to 3? I know once in a while we see issues from those actions.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, this project is based on an older file made with a previous version of Captivate. I'll try to start a new one and see if the problem persists.

Thanks for the tip on turning off the mouse on multiple slides, that will be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I started a brand new course from scratch, and when I record new slides into the course, it continues adding the mouse even though I've unchecked that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

If that's the case, you have the workaround. But I'd definitely encourage you to report it as a bug by clicking this link.

While I'm a huge Captivate fan, I'm also not living in denial and claiming it has no warts or wrinkles here and there. Guess what, it's software! Ta daaaa. I don't believe I've ever seen a piece of software yet that is 100% bug free.

Just evidence that it was created by real, live, fallible human beings.

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2008 Jan 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Rick,

I ran into this issue with one of my co-workers. The project that they are working on, was originally created in Captivate 3. When I attempted to duplicate the problem on my pc, I couldn't. Everything was working as expected on my machine. I was able to verify though that performing the same action on my coworker's pc was still exhibiting this problem. It appears that this may be an intermittent issue in Captivate 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources