8 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2015 10:47 PM by D Fosse

Photoshop download with out Lightroom?

Bg Level 1

Hello,

I would like to buy photoshop, I already I have Lightroom 5. i can't find am option to but photoshop with out buying Lightroom again.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Photoshop download with out Lightroom?
          Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

What version of Photoshop are talking about?  CS6 or CC?

If the former then go here

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-product-downloads.html

If CC, you need to install the Application Manager from here

https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

And chose Photoshop, Bridge, and Extension Manager from the list.

• 2. Re: Photoshop download with out Lightroom?
            D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you're looking for a perpetual license, you can still buy Photoshop CS6. But CS6 is rapidly getting outdated, and quietly being phased out.

Like it or not, but subscription is the only way to stay current with the latest versions. That's where you get the Photography bundle (PS + Lr) at about $10 a month - or a standard single-app subscription at twice that. The Photography bundle is a special deal, and an incredibly good one at that.

• 3. Re: Photoshop download with out Lightroom?

Dag, I have been forced back to CS6 on my laptop since putting my second CC installation on my Cintiq Companion, and while I do miss one or two things, I have to say it didn't make a huge difference to me — all of the important functionality is there with CS6.  Having said that, in an average week I think I'd be pulling my hair out with frustration.  Among the things I just couldn't manage with out nowadays are

Camera RAW as a filter (a huge step forward)

Libraries (especially useful if you have a full subscription)

Sync, between different computers

TypeKit

I even like the way we can search the font list now, but I know a lot of people hate the over long list of fonts.

Perspective Warp (doable with CS6, but it would take much longer)

Content Aware tools work much better

Blur Gallery improvements?  Hmmm.. they have not changed my life.

Things like Extract Assets and Generate don't affect me, and I have never used the new Focus mask.

I love the Scripted fills, and have used both Trees and the even better Fire in my work.  In fact I'd say that Fire on a path is currently the best such tool available right now, even beating the Alien Skin Eye Candy fire filter.

But when all is said and done, if you only use Photoshop and Lightroom, the Photography Plan is an unbelievable bargain.  A total no brainer, and I can't, for the life of me, see why people grumble about it.

• 4. Re: Photoshop download with out Lightroom?
                Benjamin Root Level 6

I heard a rumor that ACR 9.0 is the last for CS6 and CC 2013, so no new camera support will be added now. Of course the DNG converter will still work. I won't bee seeing any issues in the near future, as I have the D750, which is both very new and supported by CS6

Benjamin

• 5. Re: Photoshop download with out Lightroom?

Benjamin Root Photography wrote:

I heard a rumor that ACR 9.0 is the last for CS6 and CC 2013, so no new camera support will be added now. 

Blimey.  Where did you see that?  This forum is going to be full of angry people if it happens.

• 6. Re: Photoshop download with out Lightroom?
                    Benjamin Root Level 6

I believe it was actually in an Adobe blog or announcement. Not 100% sure about that though. Hopefully I'm wrong, but everybody should be prepared just in case.

• 7. Re: Photoshop download with out Lightroom?

My god. If that happens, this place will be on fire...

• 8. Re: Photoshop download with out Lightroom?

Absolutely, Trevor, I could live well with Photoshop CS6 - but not ACR for CS6. It's not just camera support but also the app improvements that keep coming.

And in fact the ACR filter is a whole new paradigm for me, since I still find ACR sharpening far superior to anything in Photoshop. I've had a couple of elaborate actions to mimic the halo-less sharpening in ACR (with low detail), but I could never quite get a match.