• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone have experience of integrating webhelp with Sitecore?

Participant ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing help for a new web application that is developed in Sitecore. The plan was to provide webhelp which would double as a simple support site with links to other downloadable user documents. It would be easy for me to update so that the users would always have the latest info. However the developers now tell me that Sitecore likes to hold everything within its own framework and doesn't like to link out to external files. So they are asking if I can create the help within Sitecore itself.

I am wondering if this really is the answer (if so I will have to learn Sitecore editing which will make it a much larger project) and can't help thinking there must be a way to integrate the two. Does anyone out there have any experience with linking to webhelp (or any other RH output) from a Sitecore application?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also need to add WebHelp content to a Sitecore site, or link from the Sitecore site to the WebHelp content. I wondered if you had any success with finding a solution.

Thanks,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know Sitecore. Is there anything special about it? IF you can host your own HTML page, you should be fine. Upload the WebHelp and it should run. That is, unless Sitecore isn't a regular site hosting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Unfortunately I have no experience of Sitecore. Because we would need to import a large amount of content from Robohelp, I was hoping to find a way of automating this. As a general guide, Sitecore suggest importing content using a CSV file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I cannot find a way to export Robohelp content to CSV, a better approach might be to import the Robohelp content into Sitecore as XML, after outputting to this format in Robohelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

The project I was working on has been paused so I never did find a solution. I did have a quick look in the Sitecore API help and it looked like there is a simple way to call a webhelp system from Sitecore. HelpLink Property

It was just our developers who were insistent that we shouldn't do it that way - I don't really understand why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much for this, that's useful to know. It looks like we will need to import the Help topics into Sitecore so they get the look and feel of the Sitecore site. I guess this will be more of a challenge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp