• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XmlValidate using a schema with import statements

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2007 Apr 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running CFMX7.0.2 and I am trying to validate an XML document using XmlValidate against a schema that contains 4 import statements to additional .xsd files.

XmlValidate seems to work fine if I use a simple schema to validate, but when using a schema with import statements, CF seems to choke on those imports.

In CFMX6.1, I was using an MSXML COM object to perform this validation, with no problems, but I was looking forward to not having to use that COM object with CFMX7. The parse works on MX7 if I use the COM object BTW...

We have also installed the lastest hotfixes, and the Sun JVM version 1.4.2_11.

Has anyone else seen this problem, or have any ideas?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2007 Apr 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas? Still having this problem. Does anyone know if this is a known bug or problem with CFMX7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2007 Oct 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm experiencing the same problem with ColdFusion 8.
A minimal example delivering a JRunServlet Error 500 (java.lang.StackOverflowError) with is the following:

index.cfm:

<cfset myResults=XMLValidate("xml.xml","xsd.xsd") />
<cfdump var="#myResults#">

xml.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<artikel>Artikel</artikel>

xsd.xsd:

<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd=" http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<xsd:include schemaLocation=" http://212.91.246.66/ActebisXML/test/xsdinc.xsd"/>
</xsd:schema>

xsdinc.xsd:

<xs:schema xmlns:xs=" http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<xs:element name="artikel" type="xs:string"/>
</xs:schema>

using directly the xsdinc.xds for validation everything is fine:

index.cfm
<cfset myResults=XMLValidate("xml.xml","xsdinc.xsd") />
<cfdump var="#myResults#">

How can i prevent this behavior?

Thank you for any hints!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2007 Dec 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem too can we have some sort of repy about this problem? Validating XML against an xsd is a pretty common function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2007 Dec 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, unfortunately, we are experiencing the same problem with ColdFusion 8 as we saw in 7. The problem is related to the version of Xerces being used by ColdFusion. Adobe did not update the Xerces version between 7 and 8, so the problem persists. We were really hoping for this to be resolved, but so far, no word from Adobe on when or if this will be looked at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2007 Dec 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can an Adobe team member make a comment on this problem. It has been outstanding since release of CF7! If XMLValidate() is not going to work with imported xsd's in CF7 and CF8 my company will have to find a third party solution.I have wasted a lot of valuable time trying to get this working. A note that this doesnt work should be placed in the ColdFusion 7 and 8 documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 17, 2007 Dec 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody try updating Xerces themselves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2008 Apr 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Just curious if anyone knows if Adobe updated the Xerces version in 8.0.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation