• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Download Manager encounters a problem & needs to close when updating to Adobe Flash 17: why?

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the following scenario on my Windows PC:

OUR (Adobe) SYSTEM INFORMATION

Your Flash Version    

Your browser name    

Firefox 38.0.1

Your Operating System (OS)    

Windows (XP) Prof SP3

My Adobe Flash is out of date and needs updating to run with Firefox.

I can download the update file flashplayer17_ha_install.exe successfully from the Adobe website but when I run this application it flags a problem within seconds and does not install the update. A window pops up with the following message and invitation to send an error report to Microsoft:

Adobe Download Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middled of something, the information you were working on might be lost

Please tell Microfoft about this problem.

We have created an error report that you can send to us. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.

To see what data this error report contains, click here.

Adobe Flash Player update Install Probs.JPG

I have re-installed Windows XP Prof SP3 after a drive format and experience the same problem. I do not experience the same problem on other Windows XP Prof SP3 PCs. The Adobe website appears to have no report of this problem.

Can you help?

(Screen impression included)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to try the following Adobe link. Go down to the bottom where it says, "Still having problems?". Click on the link for Firefox.

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you andys. I now have Adobe Flash 17 working after downloading the full installer application install_flash_player.exe from the link you referred me to for Firefox.

Clearly there is a problem with running the flashplayer17_ha_install.exe application that Adobe first offers you to download. What's the problem here; what's going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Some people are experiencing the same problem.

I suggest you save the link I gave you as a Favorite or Bookmark. Flash Player is usually updated on the second Tuesday of each month and you may need the link on 5/9/15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I have bookmarked the link thanks.

Can you explain what the problem is here; what's going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines