• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a FM/RoboHelp (Microsoft HTML Help) project. It works like a dream locally. However, when I upload the project to our web server, it no longer runs and an error message displays that says, "web page canceled." What could possibly be wrong? How can

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a FM/RoboHelp (Microsoft HTML Help) project. It works like a dream locally. However, when I upload the project to our web server, it no longer runs and an error message displays that says, "web page canceled." What could possibly be wrong? How can I get my project to work on our remote web server?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You said it was Microsoft HTML Help output? (CHM format)

Note that CHM cannot run from a server unless you jump through hoops. And even then, if the server is a "Web" server, it's going to be impossible.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those hoops are described at CHM Files Not Working

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp