Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attachments to Reviewer's Guide PDF

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2007 Dec 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working off of the Reviewer's Guide for RoboHelp 7

( http://www.adobe.com/products/robohelp/pdfs/robohelp_7_reviewers_guide.pdf)

and had no problem downloading the attachments, BUT while walking through the instructions, I realized that CustomerCare.xpj, which is needed to do the Try-it exercises, is not on the list of attachments. The only
attached file with that name is a .css file, but it's spelled in all lowercase letters, and a CSS file just isn't a RoboHelp project file...

The files attached to the PDF I downloaded include:

customercare.css, ExperienceBank.book, ExperienceBankTOC.fm,
International_Office_Information.htm, Liabilities.fm, ServiceAgreement.
fm, SWF-For-Framemaker-Import.swf

I can't open a technical support web case because I'm not a registered user...and a customer support web case suggested that I try here in the forums...Just trying to get my hands on the correct file so that I can evaluate this product and get up to speed while all of the purchasing paperwork goes through...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ednakunkel and welcome to our community

This project should be listed on the RoboHelp Starter page (the first page you see when you open RoboHelp).

It is normally installed along with the RoboHelp files. Are you saying it wasn't?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't installed on my starter page...in lieu of a screen shot, here's what my starter page looks like:

Starter page shows
Recent Projects
Open...

WebHelp
Web Help Pro
Flash Help
Flash Help Pro
More...

Import
Microsoft HTML Help Project
Word Document
More...

Resources
Adobe User Forum
RoboHelp Development Center
Knowledge Base Articles
Skin Collection
RoboHelp Support Center

News Announcements
Adobe FrameMaker
Adobe Captivat
Adobe Acrobat

View Online Help
Quick Tour of RoboHelp

I didn't think about searching my drive for the file until today...it looks like it HAS been installed under ...\Adobe RoboHelp 7\RoboHTML\Samples\CustomerCare

Someone might want to change the information in the Reviewer's Guide that states it's included as an attachment in the PDF, though, and it would be REALLY nice to have a link inside the application somewhere to the sample files and/or the Try-it exercises. Of course, it could also be rookie RoboHelp eyes not knowing exactly where to look...I'm used to Adobe products having clear links and access to their tutorials!

: )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops, these are in my Documents folder, not in the application/programs folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Documents\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 7\RoboHTML\Samples\CustomerCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
After locating the files that were installed but in an unexpected location, all is working well.

Next time, I'll watch all the selections IT makes when it does an application installation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp