• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the problem with my View Selected Item option?

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, thanks to everyone who offered suggestions to help with my bullet-spacing problem; I think I've got it solved.

However, when I view said bulleted items using the View Selected Item button, the bulleted items appear far more indented than they are in the compiled version. The compiled version actually resembles what I see in the workspace. For what it's worth, here's the HTML:

<p class="WD_BodyText">There is some text here:</p>

<ul style="list-style: square;">

<ul style="list-style: square;">

<li><p class="WD_Normal" style="margin-left: 5px; margin-top: 0px;

margin-bottom: 6px;">Indented text here...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that preview doesn't include styles configured in the screen layout/skin (multiscreen HTML5 for me), which makes sense as you might have different layouts for different outputs, and this isn't displayed in the preview. So there might be some styles configured there which affect the compiled output.

For example, in my preview, the first digit of double-digit numbered lists fall off the left side of my preview, but display the correct distance from the edge of the topic area because of the margins and padding defined in my screen layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things here. First the appearance of lists will vary in different browsers, you have to settle for something that is acceptable in the browsers you most want to support. Second, your styles include WD_***. That suggests a Word import. Try removing the class to see if that helps.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add, the HTML is invalid. The correct structure should be:

<ul>

<li>Level 1

<ul>

<li>Level 2</li>

</ul>

</li>

</ul>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’m also thinking that the HTML looks like it’s got inline CSS formatting – but I could be mistaken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp