• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Troubles importing documents

Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robohelp 9 and recently had a system crash and loss the structure of my project. Thankfully all the files were still in the original folder structure so I was able to rebuild by importing the original topics. The only thing that didn't import over was all my PDF documents. I tried deleting the original folder in the Project Mgr, adding a new folder and importing the PDF documents but they don't appear any where in the project manager. The system allows me to import the documents and I see a little status bar of the documents importing into Robohelp but where do they go?

When I compile and genearte output the system does not create a folder with the documents in the final output directory and ofcourse the original links to the documents are now broken.

any help would be apprecaited.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

From what you are describing, you had many documents in PDF format that were still in PDF format once they were in RoboHelp, right?

If this is the case, you likely simply want to link to them where the end user views them while they are still in PDF format.

When you say "import PDF document", that means you are performing a conversion from PDF format to HTML pages that contain what used to be in PDF. So if you really want to just LINK to the documents, you need to be adding them as Baggage files. To accomplish this, right-click the folder in the Project Manager where you want them to end up and choose New > Baggage File (If the Project Manager is set for the new Global view) or expand the Baggage folder and right-click the folder inside the Baggage Files folder and choose New > Baggage File and point at the PDF document(s) you want to import.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick thanks for the response and I realized my mistake after I posted and did a proper import which prompted me to convert from PDT to HTML. This is NOT what I want to do. I just want to link from a topic to a PDF document but even though I have a folder full of PDF documents my project does not acknowledge any documents.

Sent from my Samsung device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp