Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 7 and Japanese text

Dec 17, 2007 Dec 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import my Japanese language topics (from Robo 5) into RoboHelp HTML 7. The topics themselves show up fine (now, after I set all the fonts to Kozuka Gothic Pro), but the TOC, Glossary, Topics list etc etc etc all display as trash. This occurs in both the project view and in the .chm when it it generated.

I've set the Language to Japanese in the Project Settings... what else do I need to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See item 10 on this page.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh7/using_rh7.htm

Although it refers to a the same problem in a topic rather than where you are seeing it, I believe the solution will fix the problem.

It would be helpful if you could confirm that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had problems with Japanese showing up correctly in my RH interface until I had this process suggested to me. However, I did not have to use the CD--I checked the Asian language checkbox, and Windows downloaded some files from somewhere, and now Japanese works fine. Windows didn't prompt me to insert a CD at any point. See if the same happens for you.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter - I loaded the language pack (Ben, I did need my XPSP2 disc) and that fixed the topics and topic titles in project view...but not the TOC or Glossary (in either project view or the .chm).

Any other ideas on how to get the TOC and Glossary fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the HHC and GLO files in your project directory in a text editor. Is the content messed up in those files? If so, and if you have files with the correct characters from a translation dept. or service, try using the text from those to edit and correct what shows up in RoboHelp.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2007 Dec 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
What operating system are you on?

If necessary, are you able to install the trial version on a Vista machine? If you are, open a copy of your project there and see if it is any different.

This could be to do with the version of the Microsoft Sans Serif font.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp