Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running v6 and v7 on same computer

Dec 18, 2007 Dec 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple of questions that may or may not be related. I have v6 and recently bought the upgrade to v7.
Can I run both v6 and v7 on the same computer without conflict? Do I need to buy a separate full version of v7 to do this? I ask because I'm attempting this and getting an error when I open v7 (v6 is still fully functional) and wonder if the problem is running both versions or if the problem is completely unrelated. Note that v7 still works when I ignore the warning which is "Error Initialising RoboSource SCCAPI Connection."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your questions in a general way first:

- It depends on whether or not you will be using RoboHelp for Word. If you will, then the dual install is not recommended. It's OK for RH HTML but I haven't tried it with both versions running at the same time. Also I haven't tried it with source control and it looks like that is where your error is coming from. You do need full licences for both versions. Given the low cost of the upgrade, anyone would need to have a serious reason for keeping RH6.

Looking at your scenario:

- You have only paid for the upgrade so you cannot keep both and it will not install correctly with RH6 still in place. I think you will need to uninstall both and then install RH7 to get that installation correct.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote:

Originally posted by: Peter Grainge

- You have only paid for the upgrade so you cannot keep both...

oh yeah, doh! <smacks forehead>

Thanks! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp