• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how flexible is robohelp with design.

New Here ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How flexible is robohelp with design? Most of the sites I came accross look pretty much the same. Does anyone know of a help site that has some creativity in it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, what a loaded question!

"Design" is really all in the eye of the beholder, no? I mean, some folks will look at something and proclaim it as the most moving piece of design they have ever seen while others look at the same exact thing and yawn, possibly wondering what drugs the designer was taking when it was created.

Unfortunately, with "help", we see nothing but conflict. Ask around. It's the absolute LAST place folks want to find themselves. Many think it's an admission of defeat to have to resort to using help. And many have had nothing but bad experiences with help being, well... less than helpful. So they are reluctant to use it.

It may be helpful if you were able to articulate exactly what you dislike about what RoboHelp creates and tell us how you plan on using the output. That might spawn some thoughts as to what you could do or try.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To jump in: if you use Responsive HTML5, you have great control over your output. Since that format is HTML pages with RoboHelp widgets, the sky is the limit. It will require a good proficiency in HTML and CSS, but you can do what you want. For a little less drastic, please answer Rick's question first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam van Weelden‌ Most Robohelp sites I have seen have left navigation full header and then more than 70% or the page is for content (right section). Would something like, say, this will be possible >>Amazon.com Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2015 Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With RoboHelp, you can create a web page (in the skin or in a topic) that works this way. But it will require custom css (and perhaps JS).

With RoboHelp 2015, you may be able to leverage the TOC for this as well. I have been playing around with it to create a top menu, but I don't have it working quite yet. If I can get something to work reliable, I will let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp