• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a mac computer. I am trying to install flash player but get the message "install adobe flash player wants to make changes. Type your password to allow this." I do not use a password to open the computer.

Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mac computer that uses no password.  When installing flash player I get the message "Install adobe flash player wants to make changes  Type your password to allow this.  I can't get past this message.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you not set a password as a temporary measure, then when you have finished installing flash player remove the password and set log in back to no password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I probably could use a temp password but do not know how to set up a password to open my computer. Any suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To change your password you will need to open System Preferences, then open Users & Groups, click on Change Password. Change your password to a temporary one, then when you have finished you do the same procedure to change it back, by typing in the temp password then leaving the new password blank. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ty so much for the advice. I am new to a mac. I will try to do this in the next day or two and let you know how I made out. ty again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Very frustrating. Did you figure it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2015 Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jerryg73607594,

This is the OS, not Flash Player prompting for the password.  Please see the FAQ What userid & password do I need to install Flash Player? for more information.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines