Jul 08, 2011 Jul 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allow more than 100 art boards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Hello, all! I think that you will be happy to learn that the 100 artboards limit will soon be a thing of the past (alongside many artboards improvements): https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/artboard-upgrades-coming-in-illustrator/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I want this! This has a lot of sense when you are dealing with UI buttons in an App that can contain hundreds of them.

Put the limit at 999!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2012 Nov 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, especially when dealing with UI elements, and creating consistency over multiple assets and mockups sometimes for 20 different versions of the same button.  Please make this amount dictated by RAM capacity or just set the limit to 500 or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE!!! The 100 limit makes life so complicated. 1000 would be nice! 500 would be acceptable. 100 is not enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1. Making canvas unlimited would be great too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlimited Canvas please!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to submit the feature request here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i sooo need this right now! i have 6 files of 100 arboards each, now i need to introduce new artboard between some of the artboards, THERE IS NOOOOOO EASY WAY OF DOING THIS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. We need more artboards to support more scenarios for UI app development. This would go a long way. 1000 would be precious.

Also, the ability to add them in in between art boards would be fantastic (agreeing with Marcplaticolab). Currently, if you have less than 100, it auto appends after the last one in your document. This make for hairy situations when trying to update artboards within a scenario.

I have to set up the document from the beginning to have the max amount of art boards, then move around as needed (a bit of a pain).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 Yes. Absolutelly we need this. Using AI for UX we need lost of variations fo the same art board. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah the management of artboards isn't great. I wrote this about it http://forums.adobe.com/message/6035161#6035161

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Definitely need

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2015 Jan 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with this, 100 limit is a horrible idea.

Imagine a project going across 120 different design screens, or just being able to export more than 100 different PNG files.

This is nonsense.

And while you're at it Adobe, make canvas size bigger!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

I want it too !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Please, Also duplicating artboards in sequence using the Ctrl + D command, being able to select and move multiple artboards and also aligning artboards with or without their content.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. In fact make it unlimited but perhaps add as a preference where it can be set by the user on a file by file basis. Not sure what is governing this constraint. Also the way Illustrator handles being at the limit is not great. At least there should be a notification that the limit has been reached, not just a 'not available' suffix to the art board icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 In making export kits for mobile apps, I'll have hundreds of icons (artboards) per resolution. So in making a few mobile resolutions and tablet resolutions, I could easily have 400-500 artboards...or currently have a bunch of different files. Not fun. C'mon, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2015 Jun 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strongly agree! Art boards should be UNLIMITED, just like Sketch, and should just like Sketch that can provide filter for dartboard names! It's just so easy to fill up 100 art boards, and so hard to find the dartboards. Please improve adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to see more than 100 artboards too. It's very handy to use the 'change to artboard rulers' to ensure all UI objects use the same coordinates instead of creating multiple files. Context: I use Illustrator for UI documents which may have over 100 'screens'/states

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. This blows. Why the limit???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES MORE ARTBOARDS!!!! We are trying to build a a font library with 350+ icons and we have to use multiple files to complete the task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines