• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move Digital Editions from one computer to another with all library settings valid?

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2015 Jun 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought a new computer and intend to move the old digital Editions and all library settings to the new one. Please advice me!

TOPICS
Install ADE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You will find all your books in "My Digital Editions" folder

Take backup of the "My Digital Editions" folder in "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\" (for Windows) or "\Documents\" (for Mac) [on your old machine]

Install ADE on your new machine.

By default "My Digital Editions" folder will be created in  "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\" (for Windows) or "\Documents\" (for Mac)

Transfer all the content of existing "My DIgital Editions" to new "My Digital Editions"

Launch ADE

All your books will be added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, but I can't follow this at all. I use a Mac.

What does "take backup" mean and how do you do that?

I already have ADE on my new Mac. And it has a Digital Editions folder (which has no editions in it).

How will a new "Digital Editions" folder be created, and where?

The crucial question: *How* does one "transfer the contents" of the old Digital editions folder on the old computer to the Digital Editions folder in the new computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines