• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot add activation in 4.03 for OS X if one already exists

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2015 Jun 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MAC Pro laptop with OS X and Digital Editions 4.03 installed.  I was able to activate it with my Adobe account and downloaded a file from Barnes and Nobel.  Then I attempted to download a file from Books-a-Million but it does not work.  I contacted them and they say I must activate using my BAM account.  The documentation for Digital Editions indicates it allows multiple activations but that option is grayed out in this 4.03  So I deleted 4.03, re-installed, and activated the Books-a-Million (BAM) account  That worked and I was able to download and read those books.  However I no longer can access anything from Barnes and Noble.  And worse, I've used up yet another Adobe activation of my six.

Help! I get ebooks from lots of on-line booksellers as well as the library.  I need more than one activation option.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the below workaround.

1. Deactivate your BAM account
  2. Activate ADE using Barnes & Nobel account.
  3. Now try to open the books of BAM account
  4. Computer authrization dialog will be thrown
  5. Enter the valid BAM account details to authorize
  6. Now your ADE will be activated with multiple account

Hope this solves your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Your advice is good but for some reason Barnes and Noble did not show up in the vendor list when I went to re-activate.

USing my Adobe ID for DE did not allow me to open BAM Books from the ASCM file.  They said I needed to use the BAM activation, so I de-activated adobe and activated BAM.  That worked after I deleted DE 4.03 And  re-installed.  Now I could open BAM, KOBO, and library books but not books from All Romance eBooks or Barnes and Noble. All Romance Books said to de-activate BAM and activate Barnes &Noble or Adobe ID.  Well, I deactivated BAM and was able to enter the Adobe ID again since the list of vendors did not include Barnes and Noble.  Now I can open all of the books already in my library for the listed vendors.  However, I did not test if I can open the ASCM files for all of them.  Actually I cannot yet figure out how to get a nook book onto this MAC.

TIs a mystery why this is so much trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Barnes and Noble told me there is no app or program which supports downloading their books to a macintosh, only to iphone or ipad of the Apple products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering. B&N told me they do not have a way to download their ebooks to a Macintosh. There are apps for ios products, however. My MAC uses OS X.

BAM worked for most of the ebook sellers I patronize, but not all. One suggested I re-activate Adobe ID. Now I can read books from all the providers I already down loaded, oddly, including BAM.

Can I open the ASCM's? Don't know yet.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you transfer/copy the ebooks from your Mac to an ereader? The reason I ask is that, although I can download ebooks into the ADE library of my Mac, I cannot copy them onto my Kobo device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

‌Suggest you consult Kobo.com support.  My Mac has two USB ports so I know it can be done.  I also know the operating system options must be tweaked to even see all of the files  and their extensions.  I believe once you find the files there is a drag and drop process involved. 

But I currently have a broken nook so I cannot test the theory.

I remember seeing instructions in one of the forums during my recent search. It may be this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines