Exit

Robohelp 5 Runtime Error

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2007 Dec 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my employees has reported the following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

She says she gets this every time she opens RH. We have tried reinstalling RH but the error persists.

We use Windows XP, IE 6, RH version 5. Has anyone run into this before?

Joyce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 18, 2007 Dec 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I had issues with something like this and the CiceroUIWndFrame issue here ( http://tinyurl.com/2522ao)

My first thought is about your user having Admin access to the PC, and also checking to make sure they have write access to the PC (yes, somehow a collegue was given read only access to C drive... ). If the user doesn't have Admin access, you might need to uninstall and re-install RH - Rick or someone else might be able to confirm if this is necessary.

Also, I remember something about Handwriting and Speech options and Data Execution Prevention. (Sorry I'm being so vague - there were a number of issues that all cropped up at the same time, and I can't remember which order they occured.)

I can't find my notes, but I think I uninstalled the Handwriting and Speech options in Office, as we don't use them anyway.

I can't remember what I did for DEP. Data Execution Prevention is under Control Panel > System > Advanced tab > Performance Settings. I think it was only a problem of PCs that supported hardware DEP (there is a note at the bottom of the window if the PC DOESN'T support hardware DEP), and I specified RH as an exception? But I'm not 100% certain of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp