Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't install flash after uninstall winxp sp3

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

firefox current, IE8, Chrome current

flash wouldn't update or uninstall properly. Used adobe removal tool, to get it out.

now flash won't install.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 07, 2015 Jun 07, 2015

You know what?  I've been dealing on another forum (bleepingcomputer.com) because of an infection/rootkit. Over the past week, we've been dealing with it, and cleaning it out in stages. As recent as yesterday, Flash aborted at 50%.  I was recording a session to submit here, today, and lo! the install worked.

Perhaps it's a good idea to suggest that this problem could have been caused by an infection.

Otherwise,  please close this ticket.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the following Adobe link. Go down to the bottom where it says, "Still having problems?". Click on the link for your browser.

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2015 Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not helpful. The download gets only partly done, and there error occurs at the 50% point in the download. Way before it has to deal with installation issues and browser types.

More help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 06, 2015 Jun 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have any more suggestions.

You might try posting back during the week  when Adobe staff respond to problems on this forum.

Good luck in solving the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2015 Jun 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You know what?  I've been dealing on another forum (bleepingcomputer.com) because of an infection/rootkit. Over the past week, we've been dealing with it, and cleaning it out in stages. As recent as yesterday, Flash aborted at 50%.  I was recording a session to submit here, today, and lo! the install worked.

Perhaps it's a good idea to suggest that this problem could have been caused by an infection.

Otherwise,  please close this ticket.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines