• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generate 2D Barcode

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2007 Jul 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to generate a 2D barcode based on various fields from a database. Any ideas on how to do this in ColdFusion? If I can generate an image of the barcode, and then refer to it in an image tag in the HTML that would work... but I need to know how to generate the image in the first place. Any help would be appreciated.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2007 Jul 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some time ago I needed to do a similar thing. The system was developed in PHP though and there weren't any problems to find free PHP libraries that could generate various types of barcodes.
I haven't heard about any Coldfusion solutions for such problem. In my opinion there must be some sort of Java tool that can generate barcodes. If you find it it will not be difficult to use it in CF.

P.S. I've read somewhere that there is a possibility to use PHP code in Coldfusion. Nevertheless I would definitely try the java path first 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Also please go through this article

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://blog.recfusion.com/index.cfm?mode=cat&catid=BD90974E-D884-28C5-9A2C02BD614A17F9
HTH
--
Tim Carley
www.recfusion.com
info@NOSPAMINGrecfusion.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an irreverant question here, you say you want a 2D bar code, is there such a thing as a 3D barcode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2010 May 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2011 Jul 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Did you got the strategy how to proceed with your requirements?.Generation of 2D barcodes for more 1 form values from the database in coldfusioj.Kindly help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2011 Jul 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you got the strategy how to proceed with your requirements?.Generation of 2D barcodes for more 1 form values from the database in coldfusioj.Kindly help me.

Did you read the responses to the thread?

This is probably what you are looking for:

http://barcode4j.sourceforge.net/

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 26, 2011 Aug 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should also mention that if you are using the bar codes on PDFs instead of HTML pages, you can use the iText library to add 2d barcodes in DataMatrix and PDF417 formats.  iText is a Java library for modifying PDFs.  I know you said something about HTML pages, but I thought I would throw that in to the mix in case you are barcoding PDFs as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation