• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open EPUB 3.0 files

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using ADE 4.0.3 and i'm having trouble trying to open any EPUB 3.0 document. eBooks created as EPUB 2.0 are opening fine, but when I try to open an EPUB 3.0 document I get a message saying "unable to open....errors were encountered in this item.

I have tried opening EPUB 3.0 files that I have made myself and pass the EPUBCHECK validatior.

I have tried opening EPUB 3.0 sample fiels from epub-samples - EPUB 3 Sample Documents - Google Project Hosting

I also tried creating a very simple EPUB 3.0 file out of InDesign CC.

All with the same results so far. Is ADE fully compatible with EPUB 3.0? The release notes say it should be able to open these files, they do open with all other eReaders I've tried. Am I missing something with how ADE works?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing same issue, please help... How to resolve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also finding the same thing. ADE cannot open epub 3.0 files. I can't even open the IDPF epub on the epub 3.0 specification. I'm using 4.5.1 and trying to open valid epub 3.0 files that pass epubcheck. Is this a bug, or does ADE not really support epub 3.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines