• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

License Server Communication Error

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have downloaded Adobe Digital Editions and it is working correctly for a number of eBook titles I have but a new digital book which I am trying to open returns the following error: Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:  E_ACT_NOT_READY. The book vendor is adamant that the problem is not on their side. I have downloaded Digital Editions a couple of times, hoping that it will resolve the error, but has not.

I am using Mac OS 10.8.5 and version 3.0.86 of Digital Editions.  Any advice on how I can trouble shoot please? Thanks, Rose

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2015 Jun 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone every get back to you about what the below warning is? I am having the same issue.

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_ACT_NOT_READY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this problem, you need to deauthorize and authorize ADE again.

Launch ADE

Help -> Erase authorization.

ADE will be deauhorized.

Now again AUTHORIZE ADE

Help-> authorize computer.

Error will be fixed !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted exactly the same question on the 6th June, still no reply to my one. I'll try the above answer which I've now spotted purely by chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, didn't work for me, any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My error message is slightly different, which may be relevant "Unable to Download. Error getting license. License server communication problem. E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE _UNKNOWN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines