Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I NEED HELP!!!

Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, so ill be honest im NOT  a computer genius but ive been at it for hours and i cant figure out why my laptop (macbook os x 10.5.8.) wont let me watch videos anymore. first it makes me download the video instead of just watching it (like i usually do) so fine i let it download but then after 10-15 minutes of downloading (which is the longest it has ever taken my laptop to download) it says no available application can open it. but i have uninstalled and uninstalled adobe plash player but nothing. it just is not working. i really need help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gelmyl15,

Flash Player is no longer supported on OS X 10.5.8.

What is the file extension on the video that is being downloaded?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

file extension?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the three letters after the period in the name of the file.  Example:  Filename.swf, Filename.doc, etc.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its just reads v.flv . sorry i know ur helping but im really not good at this stuff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You'll need a third party viewer to view the .flv files.  A common viewer is VLC Media Player (VideoLAN - Official Download of VLC media player for OS X‌, but there are other ones out there that you can use.  When .flv files are hosted on a web server and accessed via a browser you would use the Flash Player plugin.  But downloaded, as you have done, requires some other software to do it as the Flash Player plugin only works in the browser.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

V.flv

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines