• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The mergedProjects folder

Engaged ,
Dec 19, 2007 Dec 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm puzzled. I have a project that has suddenly decided to name the mergedProjects folder "mergedprojects" in the generated output. Since our help lives on a unix server, the change in case is a problem. All of our projects, including this one, have consistently generated the "mergedProjects" folder. Until now, when this particular one has gone rogue. The change happened when I generated output via the command line. Now I get the lowercase "mergedprojects" folder even when I generate from the UI.

Something has changed, but what? The other projects are fine, even though they went through the same process. Knowing that this can occur, we can manually fix the filename, but I'd really rather cure the problem if I can. Any ideas? In the meantime, I am going to grab another copy of the project and see if the problem is some strange anomaly that has perhaps cured itself. How's that for wishful thinking?

G

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first thought was did the User Lowercase File Names box get checked?

Not sure it affects that folder but check it anyway.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been running with that box checked for a long time now. I always thought it odd that the output folder would still generate as mergedProjects, even with lowercase specified, but that has just been a fact of life. Until now.

Curiouser and curiouser...
G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure it does make a difference to that folder, in fact thinking some more about it, I don't think it does. Nonetheless, please just check it. What version are you on? Maybe something has changed.

I'm off to bed now but post back and I'll take another look in the morning.

Download my merged webhelp demo if you want something ready made to test with.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick thought. Maybe it didn't make a difference with the GUI but does with the command line?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm on RH6. All our projects have the lowercase output option selected. This past week is the first time I've done serious generation with the command line. (Overall, I'm quite pleased with it, BTW. ) Of the three parent projects I generated from the command line, two generated mergedProjects and one generated mergedprojects. The project that grabbed the bit between its teeth now continues to produce mergedprojects regardless of whether I generate via GUI or command line.

I manually cleaned out the output folder before generation, just to be certain that I didn't have any old folders that would confuse the issue. That wasn't it. From the command line, one project still generates mergedProjects, and the other generates mergedprojects.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp