• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi, I'm using Captivate 5.5. When I record simulations (training/demo/assessment), not all user actions are simulated. for example, I'm opening a site, clicking on login link, typing username/password and clicking login button. out of these, tooltip is sh

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using Captivate 5.5. When I record simulations (training/demo/assessment), not all user actions are simulated. for example, I'm opening a site, clicking on login link, typing username/password and clicking login button. out of these, tooltip is shown only for the clicking on login button. in the training mode, that's the only click available for user interaction. In the remaining cases, system is running on its own. I'm using Captivate after a gap of a few years. I remember it was working well earlier. what am I missing? my OS is Windows 7.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

During the recording, you may need to click the 'printscreen' button to force a still capture of the required detail.

Clicking the mouse will also cause this, but depending on your settings, will also add a mouse item, click box, and possibly a text caption. Using the printscreen button is the best practice, and will be needed to capture tooltips.

Generally, I'll add a still before and after scrolling, or after a new page loads. On some websites, typically those programmed with AJAX techniques, the partial refresh of a page is not captured unless printscreen is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources